So, you got a new phone… Now to get the stuff from the old device to the new one. Here are some utilities that will help you smooth that transition.
Contacts, Calendars and Text Messages:
Android Transfer Tips
Get Going on Android. Bring your photos and music. Transfer your contacts. Setup email and messaging. Find your favorite apps.
Apple Transfer Tool
Move content from your Android phone to iPhone. Ready to make the switch to iPhone? Here are some tips for moving your photos, music, documents, and more from your Android phone to iPhone. Here is Apple’s transfer documentation on their support site. Move to iOS app, will be coming to Play Store with launch of iOS9.
Copy My Data
Copy your data from one phone to another over a WiFi network, without the need for a computer.
Easily transfer data from one phone to another, including:
Ensure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network and then run the app.
CopyMyData will guide you through the process of copying your data from one to another in a few easy steps.
SMS Backup and Restore
SMS Backup & Restore is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone’s text messages.
The backup is created locally on the phone by default unless you configure it to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files and the files are not sent to the developer in any case.
On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don’t appear in your messaging app then:
– Open your messaging app and Disable SMS from Settings.
– Exit the app
– Open the app again and Enable SMS from Settings.
– Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
– Backup created locally on the device with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or DropBox using the Add-On app.
– Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
– Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
– Option to select which conversations to backup.
– View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
– Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
– Email a backup file.
– The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
– Tested on Android v1.5 to v5.0
LG QMove was changed to LG Backup with feature upgrades.
LG Backup lets data migration from old smartphone to new LG smartphone. When migrating to LG G3, backup data can be transferred directly between smartphones using Wi-Fi hotspot feature. If both sender and receiver phones are LG smartphones, use pre-installed LG Backup app instead of downloading this app.
Contact, Calendar, Bookmark, Message(SMS), Photo, Video, Music, Documents, Voice Memo
Sender – Android Jellybean and above
Receiver – LG G2 and beyond (Direct Wi-Fi transfer from LG G3)
Some functions may be limited depending on smartphone manufacturer/model.
Move stuff from your old phone to your new Motorola smartphone.
Motorola Migrate supports migration FROM:
– Android 2.2 + above
– Non-smartphones/traditional phones with Bluetooth support (for compatibility list, see: www.motorola.com/getmigrate
Samsung Smart Switch
The easy way to transfer content to your new Samsung Galaxy®.
Smart Switch gives you the freedom to move your contacts, music, photos, calendar, text messages, device settings and more to your new Galaxy device. Plus, Smart Switch™ helps you find your favorite apps or suggest similar ones on Google Play™.
Who can transfer?
• Android™ owners – using wireless device-to-device transfer
• iOS™ owners – use the option that’s best for you:
o Wired transfer from your iOS device to your Galaxy
o Import from iCloud™
o PC/Mac transfer using iTunes™
What can be transferred?
Contacts(Device content only), calendar(Device content only), text messages, photos, music (DRM free content only, Not supported for iCloud), videos (DRM free content only), call logs, memos, alarms, Wi-Fi settings, wallpapers (Android only)
Note: Smart Switch scans and transfers content stored on the device and from the SD card (if used).
What is needed to transfer?
• Android transfer:
o Between Galaxy devices with Android 4.0 or higher (Wi-Fi Direct)
o From Android device to Galaxy device with Android 4.0 or higher (Mobile AP)
• iOS transfer:
o Wired transfer: iOS 5.0 or above, iOS device cable (lightning or 30 pin), USB On-the-Go (OTG) cable (What is a USB OTG cable?
o iCloud transfer: iOS 4.2.1 or higher and Apple ID
o iTunes transfer: Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
Note: For more information, and step by step directions go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
What devices are supported?
Galaxy: Recent All Galaxy Mobile/Tablet Device (From Galaxy S2)
Note: For Galaxy S2, old OS (GB/ICS) version can cause incompatibility. If your S2 does not work properly, please try after firmware update.
• HTC®: One X, X+, S, SV, V, Butterfly, Desire X, 500, EVO 4G
• LG®: Optimus G, L9, 4X HD, L5, L7, Nexus 4 E960, G2, G3
• Sony®: XPERIA Z, Z1, TL, V, ZR, Acro HD, Go, E dual, E
• Huawei™: C8813, T8951, ASCEND G52
• Lenovo ™: A798T, A789, S720
• Motorola®: DROID RAZR, RAZR Mini, RAZR Maxx, ATRIX III
Photo Backup and Transfer Programs:
The easiest way to transfer photos from any phone, is just hooking it up to a computer. This generic guide will still help you with that process.
Its all about one thing – the best and easiest way to transfer, backup and share your photos and videos! PhotoSync allows you to transfer your photos and videos between your Android device, iPhone / iPad and computer over your local Wi-Fi network.
With PhotoSync you can:
TRANSFER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FROM ANDROID TO COMPUTER (AND VICE VERSA)
► Transfer and backup your photos and videos wirelessly from your Android device to your Windows PC or MAC. Photos and videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact.
► Drag & Drop photos & videos from your Windows PC or MAC to your Android device directly over your local Wi-Fi network. Choose from existing albums or create new albums.
TRANSFER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FROM ANDROID TO IPHONE OR IPAD (AND VICE VERSA)
► Easily transfer and backup your photos and videos wirelessly from your Android device to iPad, iPhone or iPod touch over your local Wi-Fi network or Personal Hotspot.
► Easily transfer your photos and videos wirelessly from iPad, iPhone, iPod touch to your Android device over your local Wi-Fi network or Personal Hotspot.
TRANSFER PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FROM ANDROID TO ANDROID
► Directly move photos and videos from one Android device to another over your local Wi-Fi network or Personal hotspot. No computer or cloud needed!
PhotoSync remembers which photos & videos have already been transferred and let‘s you transfer new photos & videos with one single touch. Transfer as many photos and videos as you want at once!
► Quick Transfer
PhotoSync allows you to transfer and backup new photos & videos directly to a predefined destination by pressing and holding the “Sync” button.
► Easy & convenient
The FREE PhotoSync Companion utility for Windows PC & Mac makes the transfer experience quick and easy. It allows you to send photos & videos to your device by drag & drop. On Macs the PhotoSync Companion enables direct import into iPhoto & Aperture.
PhotoSync supports the transfer and import of RAW photos. It preserves all photo metadata (EXIF information, Geo-location etc) and even let‘s you use the recording date as filename. Transfer photos in full resolution – photos are not reduced in quality. The integrated full-screen photo & video viewer makes it convenient to select the exact photos you want for transfer.
► Fast & Secure
Photos and videos never leave your local network nor go over the Internet, keeping your photos and videos safe. Transfer is fast with up to 5MB/sec.*
– Transferring photos & videos between Android devices and iPhone, iPad, iPod touch requires PhotoSync installed on both devices
– Transferring photos and videos between Android devices and a Windows PC / Mac requires either a web browser or the recommended, FREE PhotoSync Companion utility installed on your computer. Download the PhotoSync Companion from our website: http://www.photosync-app.com/downloads
– PhotoSync requires Android 4.0.3 or higher.
– PhotoSync Companion for Windows PCs requires Windows XP SP 2 or higher, Windows Vista , Windows 7 or Windows 8
– PhotoSync Companion for OS X requires OX 10.5 or higher (Intel & PPC supported)
– PhotoSync for iOS (iPhone/iPad) is available on the AppStore and requires iOS 5.1.1 or higher
* Transfer speed depends on the quality of your local Wi-Fi network connection.
iCloud Drive Photos
iCloud Photo Library works seamlessly with the new Photos app to keep your photos and videos stored in iCloud and up to date on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac, and iCloud.com.
iCloud Photo Library is available with iOS 8.3 and Yosemite 10.10.3. You can also access your entire photo library from the Photos app on iCloud.com. Learn more.
Google Photos is the home for all your photos and videos, searchable and organized by the people, places, and things that matter.\n\n
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things that appear in your photos. Looking for that fish taco you ate in Hawaii? Just search “Hawaii” or “food” to find it even if it doesn’t have a description. Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.\n
• AUTO BACKUP: Keep all your photos and videos safe and accessible from any device. Choose free, unlimited cloud storage available at high quality, or store up to 15GB original size for free (shared across your Google account).\n
• SAVE SPACE ON YOUR DEVICE: Google Photos can help you clear safely backed up photos and videos from your device so you never have to worry about deleting a photo to make space.\n
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Automatically create montage movies, interactive stories, collages, animations, and more.\n
• EDITING: Transform photos with the tap of a finger. Use simple, yet powerful, photo and video editing tools to apply filters, adjust colors, and more.\n
• SHARING: Share hundreds of photos instantly with shareable links and use whichever apps you’d like to share.
If you use Dropbox, you’ll love Carousel — it’s a gallery app that’s the faster, prettier, all-around-better way to view the photos and videos you keep in Dropbox.
Keeping track of your photos can be tough. Carousel lets you view all the photos and videos from your phone and Dropbox in one place, organizes them automatically, and backs them up to Dropbox.
Carousel even helps you free up space on your phone. Once photos are safely backed up to Dropbox, Carousel can remove them from your local storage, making sure you don’t run out of space on your phone or tablet.
Reasons you’ll love Carousel:
● Have photos and videos spread across your phone and Dropbox? Browse everything in single gallery that’s automatically organized into events.
● Keep all your photos with you without running out of space. Photos and videos in Dropbox are viewable from your phone, but take up almost none of your phone’s local storage!
● Automatically back up your photos and videos to Dropbox — your memories will stay safe even if you lose your phone or your hard drive crashes.
● Share a day’s worth of photos as quickly as one. Never deal with the hassle of emailing photos again. Recipients can view your photos even if they don’t have the Carousel app.
● Share however you want. Send photos privately to family and friends or post photos directly from Carousel to Facebook, Twitter, email, SMS, and more.
● Relive old memories. Carousel’s Flashback feature helps you rediscover photos you’ve forgotten about by showing you weekly highlights of some of your best photos from past years.
Unlimited Photo Storage – Free with Amazon Prime
Cloud Drive offers secure online storage, automatic photo backup, and lets you access your photos anywhere: on your phone, computer, tablet, or any Fire device.
Switch trade up to IV Cellular and SAVE!